Saturday, March 10, 2012

Misconceptions about Korea and Koreans:

1. Korea is ugly. - Thus far Korea is incredibly beautiful but we anticipate that it will be even more beautiful once all of the deciduous trees get blossoms, then leaves and then turn various colors of gold, and red in the fall.

2. Koreans are short. - In only one generation South Koreans are an average of 6" taller than the average North Korean. South Koreans are every bit as tall as Americans.

3. Koreans will try to eat your rabbit. - My rabbit is currently in quarantine up in Seoul, but the Korean people at the airport thought she was adorable and wanted to pet her. And the man, Mr. Cho who is in charge of her quarantine said not to worry that she was a very happy healthy rabbit and that they would take excellent care of her. They actually acted less odd about my bringing a rabbit into the country than everyone else has thus far.

4. You won't be able to find any Vegetarian food to eat. - We found an amazing restaurant just off of base that, though we had no idea what was on the menu, I used my handy dandy phrase book to say. "I am a vegetarian." and the waitress / owner said "Ahhh! Noodles!" and brought us some amazing noodle soup. It was wonderful and I will go back regularly I think. :)

That is all for now, now for some pictures!

Oh, and visit my YouTube link: I have uploaded a few videos, and have more to upload this week.
http://www.youtube.com/user/navywifelara/videos

View of downtown Chinhae from the base:
 Another view of town from base:
 Some fancy highrise apartments:
 Walking from our house to town: - We are walking everywhere!
 Enjoying my wonderful noodle soup after walking around downtown Chinhae all afternoon.
 Dave enjoying his noodles!

2 comments:

  1. It looks very compact. I imagine that will be nice to be able to walk around. How high are those mountains in the background? They seem to shoot right up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Indeed, it is very compact. Dave says that the mountains/hills are around 7-800 meters. They are all over the place. South Korea is super mountainous. :)

    ReplyDelete