Monday, March 26, 2012

vending machines

So we are on our way to Seoul via the train and I was feeling parched so I tried to buy a coke from the vending machine. It didn't want to take my 5,000 bill and a nice Korean guy came over to tell me that the writing said "1,000 bills or coins only." So I went back to my seat and got my coins. I didn't have enough for the coke so I pushed the buttons corresponding to the little bottles of water 600 won. The super fancy vending machine elevator went up and a little conveyor belt shoved my water bottle out onto the elevator. The elevator returned to the bottom with my water... but it failed to move the bottle to the retrieval area. Now all of these Korean people have gathered around to try to help. None of them speak English. Finally this little lady points to me and says "your water" or something resembling that. I say yes and she walks off. I stand there not sure if she wants me to follow her or not until she comes back with two watters for me. Everything in Korea is an adventure! Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

No comments:

Post a Comment