Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Post Shopping Trip

Well... I hate to disappoint everyone, but our camera decided to malfunction while I was on my shopping trip downtown, which is extra sad because we went to some of the outdoor markets (like a bazaar) downtown and saw some super strange fish you could buy and take home for dinner, including a live octopus and tons of eel.

I vow to go back into town to get some pictures the next time I go.

Also, some funny things we experienced, the lady who took me down town is a wonderful southern black lady with (in her words) a "big booty."  If you visit Korea, don't be surprised if they want to touch you. You look different than they do. This incredibly kind lady tolerates the little old Korean ladies coming up and touching/grabbing her butt regularly. She said that one time someone actually followed her all around a huge department store just looking at her butt! They really mean no harm, they are just fascinated by us I guess!

I was also introduced to some really amazing "tea" yesterday. It's called Honey Citrus tea and basically it's super finely sliced mandarin oranges canned with a bunch of honey. You then take a spoon full of this stuff, put it in your mug and pour boiling water over it. It's really good! I highly recommend it.

I took a couple of random pictures today just because I was feeling bad that I didn't get any good pictures out in town. I hope you enjoy!

This is the tea I was talking about. It looks almost like orange marmalade.

 This is a Korean Pear. They don't have a lot of flavor but they are huge! I set it next to my kettle so that you can get a little perspective size wise.

 These mixing bowls were marked at 60,000 Won, that's like $60.00 US. When we asked the shop owner what the price was, he read off the price tag and said "Sixty Thousand" and we were shocked. Then a moment later he died laughing when he realized how much he had said and then quickly corrected himself to explain that in fact it was 6,000 Won. More like $6.00 US. Since they were $6 and not $60 I bought them so that I have some cookware at least.
 Our master bathroom has very little storage, and nowhere for a toothbrush holder to sit, so Dave and I got these fun suction cup toothbrush holders. I think they are pretty fantastic personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment